Some months ago I submitted 3 abstracts for the UKOUG Tech 2013 that will take place in Manchester, UK from December 2 to December 4, 2013:
- One to present some examples usage of R with the Oracle Database.
- One to present in a live demo my exadata utility.
- One to present in a live demo my asmiostat utility.
I have been also a volunteer to participate in judging. During the judging I saw ton of quality submissions, some of them made by famous people. Then after the judging I was prepared to get my abstracts rejected and so to stay home.
Last week, I had the honor to get one of my abstract accepted (The R one) and the 2 others in the reserve list.
So, I am very surprised, honored and happy to be speaking at UKOUG Tech 2013.
- Surprised as I was prepared to stay home.
- Honored as the UKOUG is a great event (I have heard only good comments about this event).
- Happy as I will be able to share my work and last but not least I’ll learn a lot from all the person that will be there.
Finally, this will be my first presentation and that’s a little bit scary ;-)
Hope to see you there !