Into the last three posts I introduced three utilities to report database physical IO metrics in real time.
- You may have missed one of them.
- They are all members of the same family.
The three utilities are:
- db_io_metrics for reads and writes metrics related to data files and temp files.
- db_io_type_metrics for reads, writes, small, large and synchronous metrics related to data files, temp files,control files, log files, archive logs, and so on.
- db_io_function_metrics for reads, writes, small and large metrics related to database functions (LGWR, DBWR, Smart Scan and so on).
If a new member join this family, I will let you know.
- One member of the family looks like SLOB’s logo (see below its “official” logo) designed by flashdba’s childs, don’t you think? ;-)
- If you are interested in IO metrics related to ASM, you can have a look to the asm_metrics utility.